Why buy local when you can buy from a large chain that imports most of its products from overseas, with little quality care and assurance? Curated Therapies aspires to bring a solution to customers seeking boutique products made in the USA. We’re working to contribute to a healthy, sustainable economy and environment, and we encourage customers to purchase products –like ours– which are optimal for health and peace of mind. Our products are made in the USA, and our subscription box is sourced from other brands that hold the most rigorous community practices.
Buying local has numerous advantages:
- Local businesses create jobs and hire local people. When small businesses thrive, they can hire more people in the community. Small, local businesses are the largest employer nationally and provide the highest number of new jobs. Additionally, the introduction of national chains to a community often brings loss of employment. Studies have shown that the opening of a Wal-Mart reduces retail employment by an average of 150 jobs in the county of its location.
- Shopping locally reduces your environmental impact. By staying local instead of driving to the next town’s mall or ordering an item from across the country, you can help reduce gas emissions and environmental damage. Additionally, since local businesses tend to purchase from other local business, supporting them helps minimize the environmental impact of transporting out-of-town goods.
- Small businesses offer better customer service and personalized treatment. Local independent businesses cater to their local communities. They are able to focus on the needs of their consumers and tailor their services accordingly. They don’t have to answer to large stockholders or corporate partners, so they often have more flexibility in how they operate and the type of service they offer. And because they hire local people, their employees have a better sense of the community and have more of a personal connection with customers.
- Local businesses rely less on taxpayer money than large corporations. Local businesses in town centers require comparatively little infrastructure investment and make more efficient use of public services as compared to nationally owned stores entering the community.
- Buying local increases competition and innovation. Creating a large marketplace of successful small businesses is the best way to support innovation and low prices over the long-term. When small businesses prosper, they have the freedom to offer products based on their own interests and the needs of their local customers, rather than products dictated by the large mainstream chain retailers. This allows for a broader range of product choices, more creativity, and less expensive goods.
Curated Therapies cares about you, especially in times of need! Reach out with any comments, questions, or concerns.